6-A Identifying Opportunities in Economic & Regulatory Trends
Regulatory Opportunity-1:
This is an opportunity to get more people to vote in certain smaller elections.
A) I found this news article by googling what my Texas legislature approved to go in to regulation this past session.
B) The source shows the opportunity when it states that if a county tries to raise the property taxes more than 3.5% from the previous year, they are forced to hold an election to get approval from the voters.
C) A politician would benefit greatly if on the same ballot as approving/disapproving a possible tax increase was their name for running for a specific office, there would be more people voting, this improving their chances of winning.
D) I think it would be relatively easy to exploit this opportunity. People don’t just go to the voter’s booth to only vote for one thing. They feel obligated to fill out the entire ballot. If a candidate campaigned properly and got his/her name out there for a voter to remember, he would benefit greatly from the opportunity.
Why did I see the opportunity?
I vote regularly, even the smallest of elections. I get so frustrated when I am at the poll before closing and I am only the 300thvoter in an area that houses more than 5000 residents. It just seemed that with the possibility that there may be more on the ballot that actually affects voters’ pocketbooks they would be at the voter’s booth.
Regulatory Opportunity-2:
This is an opportunity to get data from 401(k)’s of people to give them a basic idea what their monthly payout would be if they needed their retirement fund right then. Someone would need to gather up that data and calculate it and explain it to people.
A) I found this by looking at the govtracking site and seeing something that piqued my interest. Anything related to 401(k) is on my radar.
B)Someone has to gather all this data and compute the information to give it to the customer.
C) I believe every single person who has a 401(k) and plans on using it during retirement would benefit from this kind of opportunity. I think people who are closer to retirement would benefit more though.
D) I think this would be a hard to exploit opportunity. People are not going to want to pay for it, on top of the fees they already pay for their 401(k). I think if someone could develop a plan to give it to the customer via the company that holds the 401(k) would be able to make more off this idea than to go door to door to the people personally.
Why did I see this opportunity?
As someone who is fast approaching retirement, and does not completely understand how much I need, or what the payout would be over time so I would know how much my lifestyle would need to change this really stood out to me.
Economic Trend Opportunity-1
This is an opportunity to run for president!!!!!!
A) I originally saw this on the news (with no sound only words) while in the lunchroom at work. I came home and looked up my Wall Street Journal subscription to verify this was happening.
B) The very notion that the current president is abusing his power of office by slapping tariffs on items from Mexico when we have a trade agreement in place is just ludicrous to me. TO me it just proves that ANYONE can be president.
C)Sadly, all democrats who even have the slightest bit of notoriety right now will be benefitting big time with this opportunity.
D) This opportunity is so easy to exploit. The man is insane, all another candidate has to prove now to exploit this is to just point out how awful Trump is.
Why did I see this opportunity?
I am a department manager in a huge retail box store. Right now, I am running around the store hiking up prices of many items that my company has stated is directly related to tariffs Trump has implemented during his presidency. I am hyper aware of all the times this man has decided to tariff something, or someone new.
Economic Trend Opportunity-2
This is an opportunity for small house makers to create nice communities.
A) This article kept talking about how housing was one of the reasons people were fleeing big cities. That a person without a 4-year degree would get paid the same in a small city vs the big cities, but housing was outrageous in the big cities.
B) Everyone needs housing. If a non-degreed person is fleeing because of housing prices then they might stay if someone went out of their way to make small, decently priced homes.
C) As the article states the prototypical customer would be a person with no degree, making a much lower living that middle class, but not in poverty.
D)This would not be easy to exploit. It would take precise marketing to reach the target customer, and it would require a builder to be very careful with costs, and possibly not even have a wish to get rich off this plan.
Why did I see this opportunity?
As I was reading the article, hearing the housing issue being recited repeatedly I kept thinking of the tiny homes I once wanted to buy, and live in. In my research of those tiny homes I saw a community up in Oregon that kind of did exactly the opportunity I just wrote about.
No comments:
Post a Comment