14-A Halfway Reflection
1 Tenaciousness is a competency: This class has me struggling horribly. I work full time and have another class this summer. The sheer magnitude of the amount of work due every week makes me have to budget my time down to the nth degree. I spend more time “schooling” with this one class than I have with any other class I have taken. I work, come home and work on the assignments, watch the lectures and then try to find more time to read the future reading requirement, and plot out where I am going to go to interview people for the particular assignment due.
2. Tenaciousness is also about attitude:I have hated this course since about week three. The big giving up moment was on assignment 9-A. Some kind of glitch made my assignment not go through and I lost all the points for that assignment. When I asked for help to fix it, I was sent to the help desk who refused to do anything. When I went back to the TA, she refused to look into anything to see what glitch could have happened. No one cared that something went wrong, and I lost out. I wanted to throw my hands up and walk away. The only thing that pulls me through is that I know that no matter what I have to take this class, and there will never be a time I can take it and make it while working full time. So, I just power through week by week. To know that this is the half way point makes me smile. My strong work ethic is what contributes to this attitude. If I just keep on trucking, eventually it will end. I may not get a good grade, but at this point I just want to pass it and never have to look at it again.
3. Three tips:
Fostering:
1) You will need your people skills to get those good interviews to be able to do the assignments
2) you will need your time management skills to be able to do everything required
3) find your perseverance skills and cherish them because you will need them to make it through the 12 weeks.
Developing:
1) Dig your heels in and grit your teeth and just start counting the days.
2) Quite literally take it one assignment at a time.
3) Also, be tenacious about taking pictures when you submit an assignment so you will have proof it was submitted.

No comments:
Post a Comment