11-A Idea Napkin No. 1
You-
Who are you? I am Shae. I am in my Junior year at University of
Florida. I am majoring in business, but only because my company is paying for
my degree and dictates what I can major in.
I work in retail and manage three departments within the store. I have been with the company for almost 18
years.
What are your Talents? I love what I do at the retail
store. Mostly because one of my
departments is fabrics and crafts. I
have a talent for getting the ideas customers have in their heads out and into
merchandise where they can realize their imagined masterpieces. I actually have
customers that seek me out to help them get those ideas out of their
heads. I also sew, more specifically I
quilt. I am really good at it.
What are your skills and experiences? I have great
people skills. I am told frequently by
my managers that I have the best customer service skills of anyone. My years of experience in the retail store
have helped me home in and perfect my customer service/ people skills. I also
have excellent leader skills. I am still
learning this skill, but then again, we should always be striving to learn
better management abilities to keep our associates engaged.
What are your aspirations? My true aspiration is to
get rich and be able to retire so I travel the world.
How do I see my business concept playing a role in my
life? I see this as a side business.
A way to make that aspiration come true.
It would in no way be anything I would dedicate my whole life to. I already see serious limitations to it.
What are you offering to customers?
Describe the service I will provide to solve customers’
unmet needs: I will be giving my
customers back their customers by making their parking lots, safer and easier
to navigate in. I will survey the entire
parking lot property. Then I will design
and determine the best, safest way to get as many cars as possible in the space
allowed. I will then remove old paint
and repaint the lot in the new scheme.
Who are you offering it to?
Describe the demographic and psychographic characteristics
of your customers: I am looking for
businesses that have poorly laid out, or designed parking lots that have
90-degree angled narrower than 102 inches.
The demographics are anyone within the cities of Far East Dallas, Garland,
Rowlett, Sachse, Richardson, Murphy, Plano, Wylie and Rockwall. About a 12-mile radius.
Why do they Care?
Explain why customers will actually pay you for your
service: Businesses need customers
to come to them. If their customers are
not coming to them because of poor parking lot setup my customers will gladly
pay up to get those customers back in their stores.
What are your core competencies?
What is your Secret Sauce? There is nothing that sets
me apart from others who can design and paint parking lots. Maybe the only advantage I would have is a
special software written just for me that can get the most out of an allotted
amount of space but keeping safety of all vehicles and pedestrians in mind.
Ultimately though anyone can create this same software.
While the need is here for this business idea, the only
person that actually cares is the customer who drives the cars, not the
businesses that have the parking lots. I
have a problem, but no one that actually cares who can and will do anything
about it. When I try to talk to
businesses, they tell me flat out they do not want to pay for their parking lot
to be completely redone, other than a nice repainting of it. Others tell me that they have no power to
even make the call. Essentially this
business is already dead based on the idea that started it. I could probably make a side business of
actually just repainting businesses parking lots in the exact way it looks
now. I would be wasting my time trying
to get them to completely change the entire parking lot.
Shae,
ReplyDeleteI think that this is a great business idea. As I mentioned before when you posted about this idea, many of my family members have expressed the need for a better parking situation. I also think that UF could use this. In addition, I think that your background in retail and the accompanying skills that come with it are great assets to running a successful business.
Hi Shae,
ReplyDeleteI love this idea and think this is a very original idea. Parking is a huge problem on campus and UF would be a better place if we had something like this implemented. I waste so much time looking for a spot and have spend way too much paying off parking tickets. The lots are also very small and run down so they definitely need a makeover.