8-A Solving the Problem
Fixing the perpendicular,
narrow parking spot issue.
In order to fix this problem,
I had to decide whether or not I am going to address it with the people who use
the parking lot as a customer or to go for the merchant who owns the parking
lot. I really wanted to go with the
customer who uses the lot. However, in the interest of fast, ugly and simple, I
cannot do this with the customer, as the customer has zero say in how the
parking lot is set up. And the only way
to get the customer a fix is to make some kind of gadget that maybe parks the
car for them in these too narrow, 90-degree parking spots. So I must go for the owners of the parking
lot and convince them to change the way their lots are set up.
I am going to create a
business that will re-design, set-up and paint the parking lot for owners to
give their customers better options than the narrow, 90-degree spots they offer
now.
Hi Shae! Once reading your post it made sense to not be able to talk to the customers (the ones who actually use the spots the most) and rather talk to the owners of the lot to be able to fix the problem, since they are the ones that actually provide the parking for their customers. I think the parking lots at most Publix's are efficient (the ones that are kind of at a 45-degree angle). If there was a way to transition most lots into lots like those, it would be a lot easier for customers to get in and out of parking spots.
ReplyDeleteShea,
ReplyDeleteI think you are right to not create a solution that requires the customer of the parking lot to take action but one that requires the owners of the parking lot to act. I think it would be a good idea to expand your business to include overall parking efficiency, because the owner of the parking lot is looking for most efficient use of space and the customer is looking for ease of parking. I work for a theme park in the Orlando area and I feel that if the parking lot was redesigned to optimize space and eliminate the difficult parking situation you described, things would move a lot smoother. Overall, I think this would be really useful for many companies.