Friday, July 5, 2019

19-A Second Shot at Idea Napkin No. 2

I am Shae.  I am a 46-year-old wife of 28 years to my high school sweetheart. We had 5 fabulous kids that are all grown and raised now.  I am now fulfilling a dream of getting my college degree, thanks to my company paying for it 100%.  I have people skills that are out of this world.  My years of retail have helped me hone my people/customer service skills to perfection. I am a leader who likes to lead, not boss people around.  I would rather be working alongside my associates than telling them what to do and sitting on my butt watching them.  My hobbies include a love of quilting and reading a good book snuggled underneath a cozy quilt. My aspirations in life is to become wealthy so I can travel the world and see different cultures and landscapes.  This crazy business idea would make a great side job to get the savings going so I can achieve that world travel goal.

I am offering my customers a way to get customers back into their parking lots, literally.  I want to make parking spaces easier to navigate into and out of, and around in.  I will come in survey the entire parking lot and make a plan to use the maximum amount of space to give the maximum amount of parking spots in the safest way possible. I will remove old paint and restripe the entire lot appropriately.

My customers are businesses who have lost customers because of unsafe parking spots.  I will focus on customers that are within a 25-mile radius of my home which includes roughly 25 different cities.  I am mostly looking for older parking lots that need my customers will easily agree to update to appeal to their customers.

My customers will buy my services to get customers back into their store so they can make money.  

My secret sauce is my ability to win over the customer with my knowledge of what customers want through my years of customer service.  

These elements fit together and if I can convince the customer that their customers are leaving their businesses going elsewhere because they do not have time to waste having to park further away to avoid possible car damage.  

Feedback Memo:  I took away the fact that many of my comments continually complain that it is a waste of time to have poorly designed car lots for them.  They have to park further out to avoid damage. Or the miss out on a spot because someone in a bigger vehicle made the spot un-parkable because they parked incorrectly in the already narrow space.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the opportunity to get your degree! I think that in itself is a huge accomplishment and it helps that your company is paying for it. I think your experience with customer service will be key in convincing the businesses you are selling to that customers need the extra space/it will only help their business! A way to further convince them is to bring diagram of their space with their current parking situation and a diagram of what you can do for their parking situation. That way, they will be able to physically see the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shae! You have a very unique business idea and also a very unique background. I think that your experiences will help you further your business idea. I think your major challenge will be getting business owners to want to invest in your idea. You also have to think about businesses in strip malls. My mom owes a small store in a strip mall and she has no authority in what happens with the construction and maintenance of the property. If you were dealing with a business in a similar situation you would have to speak to the property owner and manager, not the owner of the businesses. I think your idea is very practical, yet many people have not thought about making it a business idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fact that you work at a company and have real work experience is something that sets you apart. Actual experience is hard to replicate so the fact that you already have a lot makes you more competitive and more knowledgeable when it comes to business ventures. Your secret sauce is one of the most important things in business. Customer service is necessary in any business. Great job on this assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shae, I think this is one of the most different approaches I've read about when it comes to poor parking space. It is a huge problem on campus and there hasn't been a simple and easy solution to solve it. Your venture is different and stands out from other solutions and because it is not what one would expect it could just be the thing we need to fix this dilemma. I think it is marketable because it is so unique and consumers would be more inclined to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete